Curriculum & Learning
We believe that our personalised curriculum produces:
- Rigour, high standards, coherence
- A core of essential knowledge in the key subject disciplines
- Freedom for teachers to use professionalism and expertise
- Memorable experiences which put learning in a wider context
- A wide range of opportunities for personalised stretch, challenge and support
- A range of rigorous assessment opportunities which support high quality of information advice and guidance for students and parents
- Varied option choices for all groups of students including the most able and SEND
- Varied progression routes for all students: post 16 and post 18
Running through all of our curriculum, including the pastoral curriculum, are strands of Personal, Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural education (SMSC) which cover themes such as:
- Making and maintaining positive relationships
- Staying safe and healthy (including Sex and Relationships Education, Radicalisation and cyber-safety)
- Respect of self and others
- Equality and inclusion – especially tolerance, respect and understanding of people from protected groups, including those with different faiths and beliefs
- British values eg: rights and responsibilities, democracy and the rule of law
Our curriculum statement provides further information about what students will be studying and the options that are available to them.
We have produced a Subject Overview Guide for parents and students outlining the content and assessment for each subject year by year, term by term.
The PSMSC page gives more detail of our Pastoral Programme and PHSE curriculum including our Sex and Relationships Policy.
Our Learning, Teaching and Assessment Framework gives details of how we deliver the curriculum. Our Homework Procedures give details of how we set appropriate homework. There are also details on our Learning and Teaching page about the sorts of tasks set for homework by subject and about how parents can support their child at home.
Our Enrichment Curriculum gives detail of our enrichment and extra-curricular activities run by the Activity Leaders and others members of staff.