SPECIALIST CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT IS PROVIDED BY THE CENTRE
Children may get wet and muddy everyday. Whilst clothes can be dried in the drying room overnight, underwear and socks will need to be changed at least once a day.
The following is a kit list for each child to bring with them. It is an essential list regardless of the season. It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure that their child is adequately equipped. Safety outdoors starts with basic clothing.
Please make sure that ALL clothing is labelled.
- Underwear for each day
- 5 pairs of woollen thick socks (loop lined ski socks are best)
- 3 warm shirts
- 3 sweaters (wool or fibre pile/fleece are best)
- 3 pairs of tracksuit/leggings/ski trousers
- NO JEANS are allowed for out of doors use
- Set of old but warm clothing for caving
- Hat, scarf, gloves
- Old trainers that can get wet and muddy
- Wellington boots and walking boots if you have them. Do not go and buy these especially for Tirabad as the Centre has them available
- Drink bottle (essential – more than half a litre)
- Sun hat in the summer
- Sun tan lotion
- Insect repellent (summer)
- Watch for orienteering
- Children will need to wear three warm layers for most activities and it is best if the layer they wear next to their skin is a man made thermal material.
- Bath Towel (2)
- Polythene bag for laundry
- Casual clothes for evening
- Indoor shoes or slippers to keep clean
- Sleeping bag
- Writing Materials
- Camera if you wish