2018 Parent Surveys
90% of parents rate the school good to excellent with 65% rating the school as very good or excellent. The 2018 survey confirmed the areas of our work parents rate highly.
Over 36 separate questions scored 90% or higher, the top 26 being:
- The sixth form transition process helped my child settle in (both former and non-MES students).
- My child is safe in school*.
- Y8 Options: the opportunity to find out about individual subjects*.
- Y8 Options: the range of subjects on offer.
- Usefulness of website.
- My child feels safe in school*.
- Management of punctuality*.
- Students show respect for cultures/religions*.
- Students show respect for girls/women.
- Management of attendance/truancy.
- Y6 transition: Maiden Erlegh staff were helpful.
- Quality of cyber-safety education.
- Students show respect for LBGT*.
- Students show respect for disability*.
- Y6 transition: how well your child settled in.
- Y11 transition: information about ME Sixth Form was useful.
- My child has settled well into the sixth form.
- My child understands their Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and how it will help them (Y12).
- Overall quality of teaching.
- Leadership and management.
- Y6 transition: quality of transition information.
- Quality of healthy living education.
- Communication between school and parents*.
- Usefulness of Newsblast.
- Prevention of harassment (Equality Act protected groups).
- Quality of challenge.
*All of these areas, plus a further 12 more, showed an improvement on last year.
Other areas showing improvements, especially in the very top scores were:
- My child feels happy in school.
- Student resilience and perseverance.
- Explaining to parents how to help their child.
- Dealing with bullying.
- Student behaviour in and outside lessons.
- Student attitudes to learning.
- Range of extra-curricular activities.
- Quality of sex and relationships education.
- Quality of mental health and wellbeing education.
- Sixth form participation in work experience.
Priorities set by parents for the next year:
- Continued work on mental health and developing self-esteem.
- Continued work to help all parents understand the new reports and how they can help learning conversations at home.
- Review of homework and independent learning activities especially: independent research, memorisation learning and use of Google Classroom.
- The work on teacher recruitment, retention and the reduction of cover is an on-going priority for the school.