2019 Student Surveys
2019 Student Surveys
93% of main school students rate Maiden Erlegh School as good or very good.
88% of main school students say they are proud to come to Maiden Erlegh School.
93% of sixth formers rate Maiden Erlegh School as good or very good.
84% of sixth formers say they are proud to come to Maiden Erlegh School.
Students are also complementary about school and the following aspects of our work were rated strongly. 51 elements rated 90% or higher, the main ones being:
Teaching and Learning
- I know my relative strengths in each subject.
- I know what I need to do to improve my work.
- I understand how to prepare for assessments/ exams.
Attitudes to learning
- I keep my books/folders tidy and up to date.
- If I don’t understand something, I try and find out for myself before asking the teacher.
- If I find work a bit hard, I don’t give up but do my best.
- Maiden Erlegh students are confident.
Personal, Spiritual, Moral, Cultural and Social Education
- I understand about British Values
- I understand about consent
- I understand about sexual harassment/violence
- I understand what skills and attributes employers are looking for
- IAG on university applications
- School teaches me how to stay healthy
- School teaches me how to stay safe on the internet.
- We learn the difference between what is right and what is wrong
- I understand the dangers of drugs and addiction
- I feel safe when I am at school
- Children with SEND are shown respect.
- Students are not teased because of their sexuality/sexual identity
- Students from different cultures/religions are shown respect
- Male and female students are equally respected
- If I missed school I would be found out
- If I missed a lesson/study period then I would probably be caught and punished.
- I understand that missing school will have a detrimental effect on my learning
Priorities for the next year from student survey:
- Relaunch Target Bullying
- Focus on making older students ambassadors of the school
- Focus on independent work and ensuring pupils are able to develop their wider reading
- Ensure students feel challenged in a supportive way
- Wider still range of trips – especially foreign travel