We are recruiting now.
Why work at Maiden Erlegh School?
Maiden Erlegh School is an exceptional school. Our students thrive in a mature, supportive, purposeful and happy environment. They benefit immensely from working with the highly trained, talented and dedicated teachers and support staff and from participating in a wide range of exciting and inspiring extra-curricular activities. As a result they make excellent progress and secure impressive results, but also grow into wonderful young adults. This means that they are equipped to take up their place in the world, whether their first steps are to university (including to some of the most prestigious establishments in the country), to college, onto an apprenticeship or into the world of work.
Here are just a few reasons to come and join our team...
- 83% 5A*-C/9-4 (Inc. English and Maths)
- Above national attainment and progress
- Close to London, with excellent transport links.
- Excellent public transport in and around Reading and Wokingham
- Smart, intelligent, articulate students who are good company
- Students who want to learn and enjoy their learning
- You will have enthusiastic support for clubs, trips and societies from our student body
- Culture is calm and purposeful with no bells
- Supportive and welcoming staff
- Innovative and inspirational role models
Opportunities, development and support for colleagues
- Staff Classroom and Email Etiquette in place
- Wellbeing Charter being launched 2017-18
- Clear and consistent routines to support all colleagues and students
- High quality, bespoke Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Buddy provided for all new colleagues
- Trained professional coaches available (and opportunity to train as a coach)
- As a growing Trust, we offer many opportunities for career progression
- Teaching School opportunities eg: to work with as a Specialist Leader of Education (SLE)
- Middle Leadership Training Programme on offer to all new and aspiring middle leaders
- We invest in Maiden Erlegh colleagues in order to grow our own talent.
- Six Cover Supervisors are employed to support our cover policy
- Well-equipped central staff work area for use by teaching and support staff
- Dedicated subject work areas provided with IT access
- Open to proposals for flexible working and structured job shares
- Reliable remote desktop connection is available (should you wish to work from home)
- School places available for children of colleagues
- Childcare vouchers also available
- Free tea and coffee served every break time, and in morning briefings
- Sociable colleagues and regular staff get-togethers