We aim to deliver a high quality, rigorous and coherent curriculum with a range of pathways that provide a stimulating and demanding education for students of all abilities.
The objectives for our curriculum are
- To meet the needs of our students and keep as many options open to them as possible.
- To secure the best possible academic results for all our students.
- To ensure high quality learning over time.
- To ensure substantial knowledge and language acquisition.
- To practise and develop transferable skills development
- To prepare students for the next phase of their education or employment and life in modern Britain.
- To develop well-rounded, confident and open-minded young adults.
Running through all of our curriculum, including the pastoral curriculum, are strands of Personal, Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural education (PSMSC) which cover themes such as:
- Making and maintaining positive relationships
- Staying safe and healthy (including Sex and Relationships Education, Radicalisation and cyber-safety)
- Respect of self and others
- Equality and inclusion – especially tolerance, respect and understanding of people from protected groups, including those with different faiths and beliefs
- British values eg: rights and responsibilities, democracy and the rule of law
Please find further information about each subject in our Curriculum Booklets for 2020/21 below;
For guidance on the Foundation to KS4 Options process please download our KS4 Options Booklet.
For further information on how we deliver our curriculum please download our Learning, Teaching and Assessment Framework.
For guidance on how we set appropriate homework please download our Homework Procedures and documents below;
There are also details on our Learning and Teaching page about the sorts of tasks set for homework by subject and about how parents can support their child at home.
For further information on our extra-curricular provision please see our Enrichment Curriculum page.
In the event of the school being closed please see the Emergency closure work for students page.
If you require further information regarding the curriculum, please contact Mrs Elliss, via the School Office.