2019 Parent Surveys
92% of parents rate the school good to excellent with 64% rating the school as very good or excellent. The 2019 survey confirmed the areas of our work parents rate highly.
Over 30 separate questions scored 90% or higher, the top 20 being:
- My child is safe in school
- Students show respect for LBGT
- Management of attendance/truancy
- Overall Quality of teaching
- Quality of challenge
- Leadership & Management
- Quality of cyber-safety education
- Quality of SRE
- Quality of healthy living education
- Quality of mental health/wellbeing education
- Quality of our equality education
- The range of subjects on offer.
- The quality of advice and guidance received by your child.
- My child understands their ILP and how it will help them (Y13)
- Usefulness of Newsblast
- Usefulness of website
- Explaining to parents how to help their child
- Management of punctuality
- Student behaviour outside lessons
- Attitudes in lessons
*28 areas in total showed an improvement on 2018.
Priorities set by parents for the next year:
- Continued work on information on reports (& feedback in books)
- Increased work on our Target Bullying strategy
- Introducing methods for wider reading and research
- Revisit the method and policy behind setting homework.
- Continued work on improving independence and resilience in students.