2020 Student Surveys
93% of students rate Maiden Erlegh School as good or very good.
87% of main school students say they are proud to come to Maiden Erlegh School.
Students are also complementary about school and the following aspects of our work were rated strongly. 43 elements rated 90% or higher, the main ones being:
Teaching and Learning
- I know my relative strengths in each subject.
- I know what I need to do to improve my work.
- I regularly receive challenging work
Attitudes to learning
- If I don’t understand something, I try and find out for myself before asking the teacher.
- If I find work a bit hard, I don’t give up but do my best.
Personal, Spiritual, Moral, Cultural and Social Education
- I understand about British Values
- I understand about consent
- I understand about sexual harassment/violence
- I understand what skills and attributes employers are looking for
- IAG on university applications
- School teaches me how to stay healthy
- School teaches me how to stay safe on the internet.
- We learn the difference between what is right and what is wrong
- I understand the dangers of drugs and addiction
- I feel safe when I am at school
- If I need help, I can ask a staff member
- Children with SEND are shown respect.
- Students are not teased because of their sexuality/sexual identity
- Students from different cultures/religions are shown respect
- Male and female students are equally respected
- If I missed school I would be found out
- If I missed a lesson/study period then I would probably be caught and punished.
- I understand that missing school will have a detrimental effect on my learning
Priorities for the next year from student survey:
- Use of student voice to improve student happiness
- Develop the supervision of students in ‘down time’.
- Carry out extra work on mental health through the pastoral programme
- Develop feedback processes form the student council